Do you have hundreds of duplicates in your photo stream?Aug 29, 2023
Whether you are on vacation, celebrating a birthday or even capturing a simple moment in your day-to-day life, you probably take multiple pictures at a time. We all do. Long gone are the days of taking just one, single photo.
For example, on our road trip a few weeks ago to take our oldest son to college, we pulled off on the side of the road and I took at least 12 pictures of this view below. TWELVE!
Can you imagine how many more pictures I took on the rest of our trip between checking out his new college, setting up his dorm, sightseeing, all of the goodbyes and a quick trip to Moab on our way back home? If you guessed hundreds, you are correct! And how many of those are keepers? Probably only half!
Lucky for us, there is a super easy way to clean up our digital clutter by deleting duplicates! This not only frees up storage but makes finding your favs so much easier down the road!
How to Delete Duplicates
- Open Apple Photos from your phone
- Click "Albums" at the bottom of your screen
- Scroll down to the "Utilities" section and click on "Duplicates"
- You can merge the photos one row at a time OR do it all at once, following the next few steps
- Click "Select" in the top right corner
- Click "Select All" in the top left corner
- Click Merge "#" at the bottom of your screen
- Choose either "Merge # Exact Copies Only" OR "Merge # items" to clean up ALL duplicates (Pick whatever you're most comfortable with. I merge all because it helps me quickly clean up my photos.)
Once you delete duplicates, this section won't show up under Utilities until Apple Photos detects new duplicate photos in the future.
Google Photos Users
- Open Google Photos from your phone
- Click "Photos" at the bottom of your screen
- Scroll through and find multiple copies one set at a time
- Unfortunatley, you will have to manually delete duplicates
Deleting duplicates every few months is a great habit to get into in order to clean up your digital clutter, making your pictures so much easier to find and share!
PHOTO CREDIT: ABC NEWS
This time it's in the south and as Hurricane Idalia picks up strength, thousands of people are now spending today preparing their homes and families for hurricane force winds, flooding and power outages coming their way!
Need more motivation to get your emergency preparedness plan done? Just turn on the news!
Home Inventory & Emergency Preparedness
- How to create a quick home inventory
- How to organize your inventory in the cloud for safekeeping and easy access
- How to add pictures to your inventory to highlight expensive/valuable items
- Steps you can take to prepare your home and family by creating a go bag, quick emergency list and plan for important documents
- Questions to ask your insurance provider to make sure you understand your coverage and whether you need to increase/change it
All the best,